Monodex Smooth is a high performance water based, elastomeric, high build, decorative coating which provides protection against carbonation and water ingress, yet allows damp substrates to breathe. It is ultra-fast drying which enables two coat applications to take place on the same day and facilitates year round usage. Monodex Smooth resists the growth of mould and fungi and is ideal both for new construction and refurbishment projects.
Monodex Smooth is a single component, high build, decorative, waterproof coating based on an advanced micropolymer resin binder which cross-links to give outstanding durability over a service life up to 15 years. The elastomeric nature facilitates substrate movement and bridging of hairline cracks.
Monodex Smooth can be reinforced to accommodate higher levels of substrate movement. It protects reinforced concrete structures from carbonation and allows substrate moisture to escape without blistering or weakening of adhesion. Monodex Smooth is available in a range of attractive colours (see Flexcrete Coatings Colour Chart).
Monodex Smooth can be applied using Graco Pumps.
- High diffusion resistance to carbon dioxide, offering complete protection from the effects of carbonation
- Active encapsulated in-film biocide inhibits the growth of mould, mildew and lichens
- Advanced cross-linking micropolymer resin system forms a durable coating with excellent adhesion
- Fast drying allowing two coat applications on the same day and year round use.
- Low hazard, water based product with no flash point. Equipment easily cleaned with water
- Low water vapour diffusion resistance allows damp substrates to breathe and dry out without blistering
- High colour pigment concentration obliterates strong underlying colours to produce an attractive matt finish
- Easily reinforced locally over cracks and joints, or overall to effectively seal crazed surfaces.