Flexcrete’s Bond-Prime is a single component, water based, epoxy modified polymeric primer for sealing and stabilising substrates prior to the application of the specialist decorative and protective membranes in the Flexcrete range.
Substrates to be treated include:
Mortars and Renders
Flexcrete Concrete Repair Mortars
Bond-Prime is the latest technology, rapid curing, water based product consisting of an acrylic copolymer modified with a unique water-emulsified epoxy cross-linking agent. Bond-Prime is inherently hydrophobic and alkali resistant, making it ideal for application to a wide range of new and aged mineral substrates.
The modern chemistry is non-hazardous, and application is by brush, roller or airless spray to prime and stabilise surfaces prior to the application of Flexcrete’s specialist membranes. Bond-Prime cures to form a clear film with an identifying green tint, both on and within the substrate, to provide an ideal surface for subsequent treatment.
- Enhances Bond by combining penetration into the surface pore structure with a surface film-forming effect to produce a stabilised, sound surface ideal for treatment. Reacts with subsequently applied coatings to provide a chemical bond giving excellent adhesion.
- Rapid Cure: Dries quickly without the release of hazardous solvents and can be overcoated from 1 hour.
- Low Hazard: Contains a pre-reacted epoxy cross-linking agent dispersed in water to minimise health hazards. Low VOC, equipment is easily cleaned with water.
- Convenient: Single-component, water-based formulation.
- Simple: Easy and safe to apply. Green tint ensures complete coverage of substrate.
- Minimal Wastage: container can be re-sealed and stored for future use.